Friday, June 4, 2010

Even Kids Like It!

Sorry for my delinquent blogging hardcore fans, but I have been in the field a lot and finding all sorts of goodies. Here are some of the latest pictures. Look at my flickr page for more photos.
These kids were happy to join us on a field trip and were very adept at finding cacti and yucca. They loved being outside, seeing and learning about wildflowers and chasing after a lizard or two.
A rare desert mallow, Sphaeralcea rusbyi var. eremicola, with highly dissected leaves.
Below: Cymopterus gilmanii, a rare find from the carrot and parsely family, can you see the resemblance? (but p.s. don't eat it!)
And for the pièce de résistance I present the White Bear Poppy, Arctomecon merriamii, which has eluded me until now. When I finally saw it I shrieked for joy. Every part of it is lovely and delicate, even the very fuzzy leaves. You too can find such treasures although you may have to climb a little farther than you thought you would, it's so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment